I gained 3 lbs in one day. This is not good. I'm supposed to loose 5 lbs before March 11th, and this is definitely not going to help.
Does anyone have any advice on this? The only diet I've ever done with real conviction is Weight Watchers, and I always lost about 5 or 6 pounds the first week, and some of it did happen on the first day.
Has anyone ever done the low carb thing? Did it take a while for it to kick in?
I know I probably shouldn't freak out after only one day, but realistically, I only have 13 more days. That's not much!
Should I email my doc's office?
They already have my money, so I have to figure out how to shrink my liver up and out of the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Well, for my "liver shrinking" diet I have to eat only sugar free jello/popsicles, broth, water and protein shakes for 2 weeks. The main deal is carbs. NO CARBS! If you're not going to do the liquid diet, try and keep your carbs under 20 a day. Eat lots of lean meats and low-fat cheeses and non starchy veggies. (no corn, potatoes, peas) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI know that most folks have much more restriction on their liver shrinking diet. In fact, my doc's office just calls this a low-carb diet. They actually told me I'm allowed one yogurt and one fruit a day, which would put me over 20 right there. I'm going to pour over all my paperwork again.
ReplyDeleteIt could be water weight hun. Are you drinking enough fluids? I had the same problem, my scale was going up and down several pounds a DAY. Dont put a lot of thought into it or its going to drive you mad and make you eat.
ReplyDeleteYou could try the 5 day pouch test, its bascially protein shakes a few times a day and one low carb dinner. Up your protein!!
Good luck hun, and DONT STRESS!!
Good advice here - drink LOTS of water to flush everything through your system and keep carbs really low. You'll drop weight pretty quickly if you can stick with that. If you're starving, do a protein rather than chips/pretzels/cookies/etc.
ReplyDelete