Monday, April 5, 2010

More about travel . . .and boobs.

Sorry, the only band related topic I have right now is about travel! I'm about 3.5 weeks post surgery, and feeling basically like a regular human being. I'm not eating as much as I did preband, but definitely more than I should be able to, post band. That's showing in my weightloss. I'm not losing, but I'm not gaining, either, so I guess I'll just have to live with that for now. My first fill is a week from today.

Anyway, my travel is all booked for my first fill. Fly out next Monday morning, do my fill in the afternoon, hang out for the evening and the following morning, then fly back Tuesday afternoon. Hubby will stay in NE and go to work both days, as I was able to line up childcare for the whole time. Honestly, this is sort of worrisome to me. What the heck am I going to do with myself? I'm a mom of small children, I don't get an hour to myself. What am I going to do for a full day? I need to get a good book, and hopefully my hubby won't need our laptop for those days, so I can take that along. I'm sure I'll figure out something to occupy my time.

I started working on my travel for my second fill last week. You'll recall that I was super stoked because I found a flight for $114. Well, I didn't buy soon enough, and it went up to $138. Bummer, but not that bad. But, my rental car went from $36 to $86! That's crazy! I can't pay $86 for a car that I'll only use for 11 hours!

What are your suggestions? I don't think I can do Super Shuttle, because I'll get into Denver at 7:30 am, have my appointment at 2:15, and the fly back around 6:30. I'm going to need a car to bum around, right? I'm so mad at myself for not buying this stuff last Thursday when everything had great prices.

Anyway, moving on to my boobs.

They are so shrinking. I've lost about 10-11 lbs total, and I swear about 4 of those have come from my boobs. It's shocking, really. I can't believe how much easier I can fold my arms. But I know that's how it goes. I'll just have to start saving now for a tune up in a year or two!

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried Priceline for the car? I've gotten some good deals on rental cars through priceline. When are you going again (for fill #2)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no thoughts for you on your travel as i'm not really seasoned traveler. however, i can totally relate on the feeling of being able to eat more than i should be able to. i have that issue, too, and i'm not losing or gaining either. i'm also experiencing the ever shrinking boobs. pretty soon i'm gonna have to go get a new bra. it's kinda sad as i like my boobs, but if they gotta go, they gotta go. hopefully some of the rest of my body will decide to go with them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even my mom mentioned my boobs were gone when she was here last week. Sad stuff.

    Good luck with the fill! As for the time alone, see a movie, go shopping, take some long walks, go to a museum, raid the library for a book you've been wanting to read, get your nails done... do fun things so your fills end up being little solo adventures. Sorry to hear the prices went up, I hope you're able to find something more reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just relish my time alone when I travel! For me it never feels like enough time! I shop, get my nails done, spa if I can, read, watch movies....it is bliss!

    I think you could probably live without a car. You could cab it to wherever you want to go? But I don't know what is out there in Aurora either. The public transportation in Denver seems pretty good.

    The boobs - definitely the first to go.

    ReplyDelete