So I've had my 3rd fill for about 48 hours, and I've lost close to 2 lbs in that time. Holy moley.
I have a hard time believing that's real. Can it be? Do people really lose weight at that rate? I obviously never have, so I just don't know if I can believe it. I put it on my ticker, though, cause I stepped on and off the scale about 4 or 5 times (don't tell me you don't do that, I know you do) and I kept getting the same number.
Hmm, I guess we'll see what the next few days brings, huh?
On another note, I did some hardcore phone calling trying to find a reasonably priced local doctor this morning. I called about 6 offices, and have sort of narrowed it down to two.
One office is in Omaha, so it'd be a 45 minute drive or so. Also, my hubby works in Omaha, sort of near that office, so I could go over his lunch, and he could handle my kids for the time that I'm at my appointment. That would be a huge change from our current situation - driving my kids an hour south the night before to my brother's place, and then my hubby having to pick them after his work, which is about an hour northest of our house, so his drive to get the kids is about 1.5 hours. I talked to a lady there for a while, and she says fills are $140, which is totally reasonable. She's going through other stuff to make sure there's no buy-in or anything (I came across one doc who wants $1000 buy in, and then $300 for each fill), and then she's calling me back today. Hopefully, that works out.
The other one that would be a good back up is an office in Lincoln. They want $370 for the first fill (fill and consultation), and then $100 for the subsequent ones. So that's not bad, either. The only thing I don't like about them is that I actually had a consulation with one of their docs a long time ago when I just started reasearching the band, and they weren't very nice when I told them I was going to get the surgery elsewhere, and was just looking to them for aftercare. They basically said, but in nicer words, "well, we'll do the aftercare, but we're not going to be happy about it." I just didn't like their attitude. But, money talks, so if they were my only option for decently priced fills, I'd probably still use them. And they are very competant. They are a Center of Excellence, and they have a great track record. They are THE place to get a band in Lincoln. I get the impression that they think their sh*t don't stink, so they got a little huffy when I wasn't falling over myself to have them do the surgery. Bottom line, they're a good back up.
So that's the deal with trying to figure out local fills. We'll see. I should know more after today.
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like you are having some luck! I hope it continues so you can get your fills with less hassle :)
ReplyDeleteYou might not need many more fills. I just lost 2 pounds in 5 days too and can't believe it. So it might not cost you much more to get the precious green zone. Good luck in finding one close by. Too bad we couldn't self inject the fluid!
ReplyDeleteSandy has a fabulous idea, if only it would work! I'm hoping you've gotten to your sweet spot, that would be awesome! Good luck on finding a closer doctor.
ReplyDelete