Monday, May 10, 2010

Jeez, I've been MIA.

Not really sure why, I guess I just have nothing important to say! I'm still keeping up with all of your blogs, though!

I got my second fill a week ago today. Another 2.1cc, so that's 4.5cc in my 10cc band. I still don't feel much restriction. I seem to be losing with this fill (unlike my first fill), but at a snail's pace.

I've been doing much better about my protein. I think it's because I finally got myself some really great protein rich foods, so now I'm not tied to supplements. And as I'm not feeling that much restiction, I seem to be able to eat all 60g of my required protein on most days. I still have a supplement here and there, but if I choose the right foods throughout the day, I can get to 60g with just my normal food.

I sure am jealous of you folks that can just take a short drive to your doctor. I think this journey is going to take me longer because I keep stalling out, waiting for my next fill. It's just a pain in the butt. I guess I should be grateful that I have the band, even if it is going to take me twice as long. *sigh* But man, if I lived close to my doc, I'd be in there every week! Such is life . . .

One of my main weightloss goals relates to a wedding that I'm in in October. The bride is quite frugal, which works well for me, because I am too. She found her dress on Craigslist, and helped us bridesmaids find our dresses on Ebay. I didn't want to buy a dress too early, but I found a great deal ($55 for a $175 dress) that was clearly too small at the time, so I had to give it a shot. I think I bought it in February, so I've had it a while. I keep trying it on, because I want to know if/when this thing will fit. I can't get it zipped, but I can get it more zipped than I could a while back. Anyway, I just REALLY want this dress to fit by October, because I don't want to have to find another one! I got such a great deal on this one, I'd hate to have to spend more on another dress. Additionally, it's a beautiful green ball gown, and I REALLY like it, so I want it to work!!!

Moving on . . .

How do you all get your water in during the day? If I wait 1/2 hour before eating through 2 hours after eating (that's a good bandster, right?), that pretty much takes me up to my next meal. With the restriction I have, I'm getting hungry at the 2 - 2 1/2 hour mark. So when am I supposed to drink my water? It's like I have to choose - I'm hungry AND thirsty right now, but if I have a glass of water, I can't eat for a while. But if I have something to eat, I can't drink for two hours! I don't know how to do it.

Maybe it would help if I had a bit better restriction, and could go 4 hours without being hungry?? Then I could have my water at the 2 hour mark, but still not need to eat for another two hours? Is that possible? If so, I haven't felt it yet.

This water business is hard for me. In my pre-band life, I drank ALOT of water. I always have. I'm not big on soda or any alcohol, or any flavored beverages of any sort. I just always drink water. Now with the band, I still drink a lot of water, but it's running into my meal times. Thus far, I've just more or less been disregarding that rule, but I want to improve on it. Now that I don't have to worry so much about getting my protein in, I want to tackle the water rule.

Help me!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim - "rules" seem to vary, but I wanted to let you know that I drink all the way up until I eat my first bite of food. I start drinking again 30-45 mins after my last bite. As you pointed out, if you do as you described - it'd definitely be hard to get a decent amount down and honestly I'd be dying of thirst! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Fluffy - I drink up until my first bite of food, and that often means a glass of water just before I start to eat. I haven't noticed that it causes any problems, and I do try to wait at least 30 minutes (45 is better) after eating to drink anything. If you're waiting before and after, it's really tough to keep up with the water requirements.

    You really are doing well, and I can guarantee you that dress will zip by October. In fact, you'll have to have it taken in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I'm so glad you are getting most of your protein with "food". I think it is much more pleasant and satisfying if you can do it that way (obviously, if you can't then supplements are the way to go).

    As for the distance to the Doc, you know I'm with you on that. I had an appt scheduled for 5/7 but rescheduled for 6/4. As soon as 5/7 passed, I felt an immediate desire (need) for a fill but now I need to wait! lol

    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim - glad to hear you are doing well. I have the same problem with my water. I follow the band rules & just can't seem to get enough in!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Fluffy and Kristen...I drink right up until I eat and than I wait 30 - 45 minutes after before I drink again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress will definitely fit by OCTOBER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too drink right up until I eat and then half to 1 hour after I eat. You'll get that dress to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really does suck that getting your fills is such a chore. I don't have the band yet, but my doctor says no liquid 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after a meal. Like you said, I would think it would be impossible to get in all your water with not being able to eat 30 minutes before then 2 hrs after.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try and wait 30 to 45 minutes after a meal to drink and it seems to work for me. I couldn't imagine waiting 2 hours! even thrn trying to get in my water is hard. You are doing great, so keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete