Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Follow up to the dress post. And an SV!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my post about the dress I made! I worried for a bit that I might be sort of lame making my own clothes, but I guess all of your comments speak otherwise.

I want to address a few comments specifically -

~D~: I wish I had had Home Ec! I woudln't have waited so long to start this hobby!

Grace: Thanks for speaking to your RN about me. That's what everyone has told me -that if I was slipping, I wouldn't be wondering about it.

Mary, Nella, Janelle, Sarah and Kerri: Thanks for inflating my ego!

Pamela: I find it a relaxing hobby. Maybe it would be for you if you tried it again?

Amandakiska: I have never laughed so hard at comment! Boobarella is SO APPROPRIATE for me! I'm going to have to give myself that nickname!

Kristin: That jacket actualy doesn't cover the boobage. It comes together too low. I'm thinking I'll just skip the jacket all together anyway.

Pie: I seriously knew NOTHING about sewing until about 4 years ago. If you're really interested, I would invest in a cheap machine (mine is a $75 jobby from Walmart) and a couple of yards of cheap fabric. Make loads of stiches on your fabric, just so you can learn how it feels and where the machine goes. THEN, find yourself a simple purse or tote pattern (they actually label them "EASY") to try out. It honestly did not take me long at all to work up to real clothing. I'd be more than happy to help you out if you really are interested. That, and Youtube can be your friend. I learned lots of stuff there.

Linda and Sandy Lee: See above. I really don't think it's that hard, and I'm not crafty or artsy AT ALL.

DiZneDiVa: You seriously crack me up.

Jen: I'll do my best not to show up the bride! She's a pretty rad gal, though, I think she'll hold her own.

Jacquie: Hey, you gotta start somewhere, right? And knowing how to make nice straight lines, ie pillows, is totally necessary. Feel free to ask questions, I'd LOVE to help someone out!

Dinnerland: This wedding is not super formal, we don't have weddings like that! And you're right, the more I look at it, the less I like the jacket. It's too hot for it anyway.

Bonnie: Not a prairie dress, huh?

Stephanie: You know, I've had people ask me to make something for them, and I've never really considered it. But, as I get farther along, I think it might be possible, even though I'm far from a professional! I don't know how I'd do it long distance, though. I have to have a body to pin the pieces to!

DB, Draz, Meli, Steph and Heather: Thanks for loving it!

Anywho, you guys are all the best! I heart you all!

Moving on,

I had an actual scale victory (SV) today! Yesterday, I weighed 217.0 - a new low. Today, I weighed . . . .217.0! I never maintain a new low! It usually goes something like this:

217.0 - new low
next day - 218.2
next day - 217.8
next day - 217.6
then another two or three days of 217.2-217.6
then, maybe five or six days after new low, I see it again.
then, stay at low for a day or two
THEN, maybe see a new low a week and a half after the last one.

But, today, I didn't gain!! Does that mean I could see a new low 2 or 3 days after my last one?

Is that how you all lose weight? I know not everyone weighs themselves every day, but I do. How does it work for everyone else?

8 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo for your new low!!! You'll be in Onderland soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I really think I'm gonna look into it! Might as well start now and get practicing so I'll have some experience under my belt when I'm at a good weight to start making clothes!

    Also: My "new lows" work EXACTLY the same way as yours! Over and over and over again. I still get excited when I see a new one, but I know the next few days (sometimes weeks) I'll be bouncing around! So congrats on two consistent weigh-ins! That's gotta be a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo!!! Great job on the weight loss! I'm usually that same way as well. I'll get a new low and then it will bounce around about a pound for 2-3 days before I see another new low. How exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New low!!! Always feels nice to have a new low... I have been waiting 3 days for mine and hopefully soon it will come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I weighed myself everyday, I'd be much crazier than I am. 217 is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I'm up then I'm down - my weight is as crazy as my moods. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for you on the WL!! Thanks on the advice. I just may take it up again. Thats a great idea, especially since I will be losing weight and not being able to keep up. Thanks the idea Kim!!

    ReplyDelete