Thursday, July 8, 2010

The month of June . . .

Has totally gotten away from me! I haven't posted in nearly a month!

During that time, we remodeled our kitchen, and took a week and a half vacation with the kids. Does that excuse me from not posting for a month? Maybe, I don't know.

We've been home from vacay for about 5 days now, so I'm finally unpacked. As such, I've started to catch up on blogs again!

And, as I've lost a couple of followers over the last few days (that's a downer, huh?), I figured I'd better post before everyone bails on me!!

So . . .weight loss . . . .yeah, not so much. I've had 3 fills, and my 4th is on Monday. I've really only experienced decent restricion for one day (not counting the stuff immediatly post surgery), and that was after my last fill. Otherwise, I more or less don't know I have a band.

My 4th fill is scheduled for a new doc, someone that's a short 1/2 hour drive, instead of a flight from Omaha to Denver. I'm hoping that because this doc is so much closer to me, he won't be so nervous about overfilling me, and I'll actually get some restriction. I'm sure hoping so, cause right now, it sure seems like a waste of loads of money (no insurance).

I definately didn't have any issues with my doc in Denver, I would highly recommend him. I just couldn't do the traveling anymore. It's too difficult with two young children and a hubby that can't really get a way from work. I was dealing with a 20 hour round trip for my 10 minute fill appointment. Just too much hassle.

So, I'm going to a new doc on Monday. I'm excited! I really, REALLY need this band to do something for me. I can't get stuck at 20 lbs, I could've done that on WW!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. Don't get down about the slow loss, once you get real restriction the pounds will drop. I hope your appointment on Monday goes well and you get a good fill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith! It will work at some point! :) Good luck with your new doc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new doc. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get some restriction soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep us posted on the new doc! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete