Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A bit of food porn - sort of.

I was just reading this blog:

http://ldswims-journeytoembrace.blogspot.com/

And left a nice comment about cheap restaurant gift certificates. I just wanted to pass some helpful information on to my regular readers!

Restaurant.com is a website that sells discounted gift certificates. It's specific to your location. Their normal deal is that you can buy a $25 restaurant gift certificate for $10. However, they ALWAYS have sales, so I can usually get the $25 certificate for $2 or $3. Rarely do you have to pay the full $10 (which would obviously still be a deal!), you should at least be able to get them for $4 or $5.

I buy these all the time. In fact, we rarely go out to eat without them. Usually the chain restaurants aren't on there, it's more of your local eateries that participate. But it really is a great deal.

Usually each restaurant has some requirements to be able to use the cert. More often than not, the only requirement is that in order to use the $25 cert, you have to spend $35. So for me, I can usually get a dinner that's worth $35 for about $12 or $13. Some restaurants are a bit more stringent about how you can use them - some say you can't purchase alcohol with them, and I've even seen one that says you can't use them on Friday and Saturday nights. That's rare, though. The usual requirement is the $35 minimum.

To find any available coupon codes for restaurant.com (or any other online retailer, for that matter) check retailmenot.com. People list usable coupon codes on that site, and tell you how well they work. If I buy anything online, and it has a spot for a coupon code, I can usually find a current one.

Just thought I'd pass on some helpful info to anyone looking for a cheap dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all these great tips. We go out more than we should so this will help us rationalize eating out even more than usual. :)

    ReplyDelete