Monday, March 8, 2010

I. Can't. Belive. This. Week. Is. Here.

Really. This took so freakin' long to plan, I can't believe the time is actually here. I'm home for this afternoon/evening, all day tomorrow (Grandma and Grandpa are coming to pick up the kids tomorrow evening) and then we leave early Wednesday morning. I'm getting nervous just typing this. Breeeaaaath.

I sort of yo-yoed over the weekend, but ended up with a loss, so I'm down a total of 4.2 lbs now. I emailed my nutrition this morning, and she said that sounded good, so that's good to hear. Plus, I still have a few days, so I could do a little more.

Yesterday, we went out for lunch. I was a little worried, as Hubby wanted to go to Village Inn, and I didn't know what I could have, as I thought they only had pancakes or sandwiches. Turns out they had a delicious chicken dish - two grilled breasts smothered with onions, peppers, and Swiss cheese. I LOVED it.

After lunch, I wanted to do my post-op shopping. I found all the groceries I wanted, but I could not find the protein supplement I wanted.

My nutrition went over all of my options, and to me, it seems like the flavorless powder would be the easiest to deal with. I don't like weird tasting shakes, so I thought the powder would be best. The nutritionist had recommended Beneprotein. Guess what? No one carries it, and it seems that no one can order it, either. I tried Wal-Mart, Walgreens, GNC, and the Hy-Vee pharmacy. What the H, huh?

I guess I'll just have to figure out which GNC product best fits my needs.

What do you guys use? Has anyone used the flavorless powder?

6 comments:

  1. I used the Chocolate Body Fortress powder sold in Wal mart. It's $15 for a huge container and it's not bad at all. I also have the vanilla and strawberry (yuck on the strawberry, though!)

    Keep us updated! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you check Walmart on line? I just took a look and it seems you can order it over the web. It's so exciting that your surgery is so close. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Unjury flavorless, I heard the GNC brand was nasty. You have to order Unjury online but they delivery really quickly. I mix it into Crystal Light. Also as far as protein shakes go I love Dymatize Elite Berry Blast, it tastes like strawberry milk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I meant to say deliver...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the Flavorless Protein Powder from GNC and hated it!!

    I found a great Protein Powder that is very reasonable in price. I got it at Costco for $28.99. It is a 6 lb bag and has 70 servings in it. I liked the Milk Chocolate flavor as it tasted like Chocolate Milk.

    It is called Premium Pro Rated. If you would like to see what the packaging looks like, I have pictures of it in my blog in the post dated 11/04/09, titled, Only 15 Days Till LB Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only use the unflavoured Protein powder to add to muffins or pancakes, etc and haven't yet tried it on it's own. I only used a chocolate protein powder pre-op but you might need to try a few to find out what you like.

    So close to surgery. Good luck and see you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete