Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home for a couple of hours

We landed in Omaha at about 10:30 central time, which was a loss of two hours if you count daylight savings time and the switch from mountain to central time.

Fortunately, Grandma and Grandpa still had the girls out shopping, so we had a few hours at the house by ourselves before they got here. I took a nap, and Hubby graded papers for school.

I'm to the point where I can get myself into and out of bed. It's not pretty, and it hurts a little, but I'm not dependent on Hubby to do it for me. That was about the last thing I needed to do.

I honestly feel pretty good. I was able to get a ride through pretty much the entire Denver airport. I had to do a wheelchair for part of it, and a golf cart for part of it, but I didn't have to walk much. Also, they let us put my big liquid prescriptions in one of our carry-ons and check it for free, so that worked out well.

Traveling was more or less painless. The shuttle bus to the parking lot at the airport was rough, I think the driver aimed for every pot hole at 50 mph.

I think I'm gonna be done taking the Lortab. We stopped and got Liquid Tylenol on the way home from the airport - we actually bummed around Wal-Mart for a good hour, and I felt fine. Anyway, I just took a dose of Tylenol, I'm gonna see if that will work.

I haven't been able to eat much. This morning, I had about 1/2 of a Costco protein shake, a sample from the doc's office, before we left for the airport. At the airport, I had about 8 oz of chocolate milk. Once we got to Omaha, for lunch, I had about 1/8 of a McD's shake. I came home and had 1/2 a pudding cup before I napped, and then just now finished the other half. Right now I just feel so full so fast, I'm not going to push any more. I keep trying to drink water, though, as I feel like I'm not getting enough.

Hubby has to go to work tomorrow, which means I'm back to being a mom again. The girls understand that they can't be rough with Mommy - in fact, my 4 year old was afraid to hug me because she didn't want to hurt me. Fortunately, my college age neighbor is out of school these next two days. She has a part time job in the morning until about 10:30, and then she's sort of going to spend the day with us. That'll help. She goes back to school on Wednesday, so I'll have the girls the whole day by myself. Hubby teaches school Wednesday nights, though, so Hubby's sister is going to drive the 20 miles to spend the evening with us. That way I won't have to do the ENTIRE day by myself. Starting on Thursday, I'm on my own entirely. That'll be a full week, though, so I think I'll be ok.

Thanks so much for all the good vibes sent my way. This would be so much harder without everyone to answer questions for me!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back in your own house. It is always easier to recuperate at home in your bed. Try to get in a lot of water-just sip through the day. I didn't want too much to eat other than soup and a milkshake for the first few days. I'm sure you'll do fine by next Thursday with the kids by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete