Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sandy Lee brought up a good point . . .

And I just want to make sure you can all sleep at night!

I do have a good back up plan close to home, in case something were to go terribly wrong. There's a good Band doc in Omaha (about 45 minutes away), but she wanted $1000 buy in, and then about $300 per fill to do my aftercare. I've already talked to them, and if I needed to come in in an emergency, they would do whatever fill/unfill is necessary for the $300 fee. I would only require the $1000 buy in if I set up an actual aftercare program with them.

So I do have an emergency back up close to home. They charge an arm and a leg, but at least I have some where to go in an emergency.

4 comments:

  1. The Omaha physician charges $1000 to take you on as a patient? That's ridiculous! And you can tell her I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they charge me $1000 to start, and then charge me for the appointments, too. This is why I'm flying to Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that is a rip-off. Stick with Dr. K and enjoy a little mini vacay in Denver when you go for fills!

    ReplyDelete